No need to buy bakery cakes or mixes when you can make easy French yogurt cake. It takes 5-10 minutes to make (double that if the kids help) + 20-30 to cook. It’s flexible, forgiving and hastle free – you use the yogurt pot as a measuring cup. Bon appétit!
- 2 plain yogurts
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 yogurt pot of oil
- 3 pots of flour (it can be rice flour for the gluten free)
- 1 pot of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder (1 sachet de levure chimique)
Mix everything together, then accomodate as you want, for example:
- Sautée some apples and walnuts with butter, sugar and cinnamon, then pour over the top
- Add some poppy or sesame seeds
- Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts
- Grate some lemon or orange rind and mix in with add of the juice
- Add grated coconut and/or pineapple chunks and/or sliced banana
- Cut up a fresh pear or apple
- Stir in a mashed up banana and chopped walnuts
- Mix in ground almonds or almond extract and top with almond slivers
- Use a cup of chestnut or buckweat in place of normal flour
- Stir in melted chocolate to make a marble cake
Put the batter into a greased cake tin and cook at 350°F (180°C) for 20-30 minutes.
No frosting. I hope you like it!
Happy holidays to all! Let’s do our best to make it through with peace, love and joy 🙂